Man United stars reveal why Benjamin Sesko will cause Premier League defences nightmares in 2025/26

Rwittika Chakraborty

Man United stars reveal why Benjamin Sesko will cause Premier League defences nightmares in 2025/26 image

Earlier this month, Manchester United signed Benjamin Sesko from RB Leipzig on a five-year contract running until 2030 for a reported fee of £74 million.

Sesko's arrival at Old Trafford came with big expectations, especially after his performances at the Bundesliga club last season, where he recorded 21 goals and six assists in 45 matches across competitions.

The 22-year-old made his debut for Man United by coming off the bench in their opening Premier League game against Arsenal, which ended in a 1-0 loss. With two appearances for the club, Sesko is yet to establish his impact on the pitch and make his first goal contribution for the Red Devils.

Sesko's journey at Man United did not begin as many expected, bringing in criticism and questions on whether he is a worthwhile signing. However, several of the Slovenian star’s teammates have backed him to be successful at the English club.

What did Man United stars say about Benjamin Sesko?

While speaking to the club media, Harry Maguire claimed that Sesko will be giving the opponent defenders a tough time and has 'all the attributes to contribute to the team.'

"He's a unit for his age. I’m sure he’s going to cause a lot of defenders problems. He's still young, but he's got all the attributes to contribute to the team and to contribute to this club for many years to come, so we’ll give him our full backing and, fingers crossed, he scores many goals for us," as per GOAL.

📲 Follow The Sporting News on WhatsApp

It turns out Maguire is not the only one in Ruben Amorim’s squad who believes in Sesko’s potential, as Casemiro also heaped praise on the forward and said,

"It's clear he has quality. He is a player who is going to be very important for us. I hope that it goes really well for him, because if it goes well for him, he’s scoring goals for us! I’m sure he’s going to help us a lot with goals."

Diogo Dalot shared a similar view to that of his aforementioned clubmates, hailing Sesko's eagerness to learn and said,

"Very energetic. He has very good energy. He wants to learn a lot. He wants to help the team. You can feel that he has a lot of quality, of course, otherwise he wouldn't be here, but at the same time, I can feel that he wants to start straight away, he wants to score goals, he wants to help the team. So, I like that energy in him, and hopefully he can help us a lot this season."

It remains to be seen if Sesko will receive his first start at Man United in their second round clash against Grimsby Town in the EFL Cup on August 27 at Blundell Park.

Following their game in the knockout competition, the Red Devils will be hosting Burnley at Old Trafford in their next Premier League match on August 30.

Manchester United news and related links

Rwittika Chakraborty

Rwittika Chakraborty is a content producer for The Sporting News. Based in India, she holds a Bachelor's degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from SRM Institute of Science and Technology.