Charlie Curnow trade proposal, could he and Jack Silvagni leave Carlton for St Kilda?

Jake Beddard

Charlie Curnow trade proposal, could he and Jack Silvagni leave Carlton for St Kilda? image

Charlie Curnow has raised the prospect of following Tom De Koning and Jack Silvagni out the doors of Ikon Park, but has been told a firm no by Carlton. 

Curnow had his long-awaited exit interview with the club on Thursday, telling coach Michael Voss and list manager Nick Austin, who were in attendance, that he would be open to a trade, according to a report from Channel Nine's Tom Morris. 

It follows De Koning's and Silvagni's exit meetings from earlier in the week, where they both told the Blues they will be leaving as free agents in the off-season.

De Koning has already committed to St Kilda, but the Saints may be looking to complete a full raid of the Blues, with Silvagni and Curnow recently suggested to be on their shopping list.

MORE: Jack Silvagni breaks silence on Carlton exit

On Thursday, former professional golfer Mark Allen said he had been tipped off about the Saints' off-season plans. 

"I got a text message from somebody who would know stuff, and it just says simply, 'Silvagni and Curnow to St Kilda,'" Allen told 3AW Drive. 

"I trust that guy, I won't say who it is."

It coincides with a report from the Herald Sun's Jay Clark, who revealed the Saints have made an "11th-hour bid" for Silvagni, with a meeting set up for later in the week. 

Silvagni's father Stephen is the current list manager of the Saints, while it's also said that Jack has a strong relationship with coach Ross Lyon.

The key defender is out of contract, and therefore the Saints will only have to outbid rivals Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs for his services, who are also believed to be heavily interested in the 27-year-old. 

On the other hand, Curnow is contracted until the end of 2029, meaning the Saints would have to give up a monster package for Carlton to even entertain parting ways with the two-time Coleman medallist. 

Speculation has linked Curnow to a move for a number of weeks now, with it presumed his motives for getting out of Carlton is partly to escape the Victorian football bubble, making it unlikely the Saints would be desirable to the 28-year-old. 

Curnow initially denied rumours he was seeking a trade back in July.

“I obviously want to be here. I don’t really want to make this about me right now, but I’m playing at Carlton next year. There you go. Done,” he told a reporter after his side's round 20 loss to Hawthorn.

Jake Beddard

Jake Beddard is a contributing Wires Writer at The Sporting News based in Melbourne, Australia.